Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle


The Mighty Storm

Published August 24 2012


It's been twelve years since Tru Bennett last saw Jake Wethers, her former best friend and boy she once loved.

Jake Wethers, sexy, tattooed and deliciously bad lead singer, and brains behind The Mighty Storm, one of biggest bands in the world, left Tru with a broken heart when he moved from England to America with his family when they were both fourteen.

Sent to interview Jake for her music column by the magazine she works for, they are both unprepared for the sparks that fly the instant they reconnect. Only, there’s a complication to their instant feelings for one another – Will, Tru’s boyfriend of two years.

Then Jake makes Tru a job offer she can't refuse - travelling the world with him and his band. But taking the job means leaving Will behind, and being on the road with the band means spending an inordinate amount of time with Jake.

Is Tru strong enough to resist the delectable bad boy who once held her heart so completely, or will she willingly risk it all for one night with the worlds most notorious womanizer?(Goodreads)



Review: 5 Stars


Holy Hot Rock Star!  Ladies, I have found the fictional man I want to marry...

Jake Wethers 

He is a Rock God.  Sexy, nice body, painful past, tattoos, cocky,...delicious! Trudy Bennett was his childhood best friend.  They were separated as young teens leaving Tru heartbroken.  After 12 years apart, they are reunited and the emotional roller coaster begins! Jake and Trudy's relationship is full of passion, true love and desperation.  Those are ingredients for an amazing love story.  

"You ask what I want from you?  His eyes move to my lips, then my eyes.  "I want you, Tru.  I just want you.  All day, every day."

The Mighty Storm is beautifully written.  Samantha Towle created a charming and romantic story about friendship, romance, passion, lies, betrayal and rock n' roll.  This romance had me sucked in from the first page.  My emotions were all over the map with this book.  When it was good, I was doing the happy dance.  When it was bad, I was hunched over, in pain.  I loved every minute of it!

"It's always been you.  I loved you from the moment I knew how to love."

 This is my first Samanta Towle book and I will be reading more!

I am so looking forward to reading more about Jake and Trudy's life in the 2nd book, hopefully out in Spring 2013.






No comments:

Post a Comment