Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bared To You (Crossfire #1) by Sylvia Day


Published April 3, 2012
Our journey began in fire... Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness-beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily... Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires. The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart... (Goodreads)
Review: 4.6 Stars
I've always seen you, angel. From the moment you found me, I've seen nothing but you.
Holy hotness! This one had me from the beginning. You can not help but relate and love Eva, the main character AND don't even get me started on Gideon Cross. Good looking, rich and domineering...what more can you ask for??? I felt myself salivating every time he entered the story.
YES, the story line and characters do resemble another series of books recently released...hmmummm....50 Shades....but keep reading and you will see that Bared to You takes on a completely different shape than those similar.
I find myself really feeling sorry for Eva, with all her past trauma. She finds companionship (and a whole lot of hot sex) in Gideon. As they learn to trust one another....and how to get the other off, the book gets enthralling and then... BAM...ends, leaving you yearning for the next installment.
I CAN NOT wait until the release of Reflected in You...coming October 2012. 

4 comments:

  1. Great review! sounds like a good read!
    New follower! found you on goodreads.

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried to read the 50 Shades trilogy unfortunately they didn't work for me. But I'm glad this one even though it has some similarities with it has taken a different shape. Glad you enjoyed this, Ammie. I'm a new follower btw. :)

    Eunice @ Book Overdose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! We are following you too!

      Delete