Tuesday, September 18, 2012

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young


On Dublin Street
 Published August 31 2012


 Four years ago, Jocelyn Butler left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Edinburgh. Burying the grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without any real attachments has worked well for her so far but when Joss moves into a fantastic apartment on Dublin Street, her carefully guarded world is shaken to its core by her new roommate's sexy older brother.

Braden Carmichael is a man who always gets what he wants. And what he wants is Jocelyn in his bed. Knowing how skittish Joss is concerning any kind of relationship, Braden proposes a sexual arrangement that should satisfy the intense attraction between them without it developing into anything 'more'. An intrigued Jocelyn agrees, completely unprepared for the Scotsman and his single-minded determination to strip the stubborn young woman bare... to the very soul.(Goodreads)


Review:  5 Stars

On Dublin Street was a sexy, amazing romance!!  I loved it.  I was immediately drawn into the main character's story.  Joss is an American who lost her family when she was just a teenager.  She goes to great lengths to stay emotionally detached from people.  All of that changes when she meets Braden Carmichael, aka "sex on legs".  Holy Scottish Alpha Male!  He is an amazingly hot, protective, sexy man who Joss feels an immediate connection with. 

"Our attraction was nuclear.  I had never known anything like it." 

"I've never felt like someone was mine before.  But you're mine, Jocelyn.  I've known that from the moment we met."

This story flowed well and never left me hanging.  The relationships that were formed in the story were rich and I loved them all!  I loved reading about the internal struggle Joss had while developing friendships and emotional connections with Braden, Ellie and their family. 

"I liked pre-Braden Joss.
She was spunky and cool and independent.
Post-Braden Joss was kind of a mushy asshat."

Hard to believe this is Samantha Young's first adult fiction novel.   It has the perfect mixture of passion, friendship, love and heartbreak.  I hope she continues writing adult fiction because On Dublin Street was AMAZING!

"I'd had the best sex of my life last night.
With Braden Carmichael.
And then we spooned."

No comments:

Post a Comment