Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Naked (The Blackstone Affair #1) by Raine Miller




 Naked (The Blackstone Affair, Part 1)
 Published August 25 2012


Brynne Bennett is living the good life. An American art student at the University of London and part-time photographic model, she’s putting her life back on track with school and lots of hard work. When ultra successful London businessman, Ethan Blackstone, buys her nude portrait, he isn’t taking ‘no’ for an answer. He wants Brynne in his bed and makes plans to keep her there no matter what. His dominant nature captivates and ensnares despite the demons she carries inside her. But there are secrets in this relationship. Huge ones. Can Ethan free Brynne from the past that has marked her? Will Brynne let him or will the specters tormenting her resurface to destroy them both…(Goodreads)


Review: 4 Stars

I was skeptical with this novella at first.  While reading Naked, I was sure I would be reminded of similar books.  Although I was reminded, I was also thrilled to learn that it can definitely stand on it's own.  There were aspects of this book that are familiar but Naked is a sexy, passionate story that takes a different direction.  The male lead, Ethan Blackstone makes this book!  He is Grey and Cross rolled into a perfectly formed alpha male! I LOVE HIM.  I want one. Where can I get one???  He does not play games.  He says what he is feeling and what he wants.  I wish the relationship had been developed more between Ethan and Brynne.  I felt like the connection kind of came out of nowhere. That being said, what was developed was HOT!  The ending makes you want more and I look forward to reading All In (The Blackstone Affair #2).

No comments:

Post a Comment