Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Devil in Disguise by Heather Huffman






Published June 2012



Reporter Rachel Cooper is America’s Sweetheart – but that won’t help her when human traffickers kidnap her sister. Can an old flame help her protect the ones she loves? Does she even want him to? (GoodReads)

Rating: 4.3

I wasn't sure what to expect when we were asked to read Ms. Huffman's Devil in Disguise, as it was classified as a contemporary romance thriller. Lately I have been delving into straight erotic romance....this was a great change of pace.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed all of her characters...the heroine, Rachel Cooper....the rugged tough Conrad Langston....the innocence lost of Julia and the amazing steadfastness of Neena.

As I literally read the entire book with a 24 hour period, my heart felt for all the sadness and drama the characters had to endure. As a mother of young children, my heart stayed in my throat throughout all the suspense.

The truthfulness of human trafficking that you, as the reader experience is difficult to imagine and yet she does a fantastic job with the details....explains but not overly descriptive.

I will definitely suggest Devil in Diguise to others, as well as, look for more of Ms. Huffman's works.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind review of Devil in Disguise! I'm glad you liked it. (And I'm sorry I didn't stop by sooner to say thank you - I didn't see the review until today.)

    ReplyDelete